The Walking Dead, Book Seven - Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Rus Wooton Oh, snap!

That was all I could think after finishing this book. I can't believe what happened and I can't believe they made it into such a huge cliffhanger, but I'm definitely hanging on the edge of my seat to know what happens next. It seems like it's been forever since I read Book Six (actually I guess it's only been like five months), so my poor crappy memory failed me a few times when trying to recall who some of the characters were and how some of them had died in previous books (the show and the books are starting to mesh and become muddled for me). It started to come back to me as I read further though, so I think I'm all caught up again. I think I might actually have to find the comic book version of the next issue just so I know how this cliffhanger turns out. I don't think I can wait another six months for the next hardcover to be published.

Anyway, lots and lots of zombies in this one. They're no longer acting weird and keeling over like they were in Book Six, but maybe the next issues will get back to exploring that tangent. Gabriel the preacher still seems like kind of a pointless character, but that just might be because of my personal views on religion. He's just not developed enough as a character to really make an impact on the story if the writers are actually trying to make a statement on religion in an apocalypse setting like I think they're trying to do (aside from the obvious questioning of one's faith when faced with certain peril, which they've definitely touched on). Rick's monologue toward the end was especially amazing though. The book is really starting to hit home the idea that man is the monster in this situation, not the undead, and I love that message.

The only thing I might have a problem with in this book is what they might do with this humongous spoiler. So don't click on this part if you don't want to ruin the whole series for yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you! Part of Carl's freakin face got shot off and yet the doctor was acting like there was some hope of him pulling through. In the illustration it looked like his right ear, eye, and a big chunk of his brain had been blown out and were completely missing. How the hell are they going to bring Carl back when part of his brain and head are missing?! He has to be dead, right? Or at least brain dead? Agh, the suspense!