Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary - David Sedaris, Ian Falconer This was quite entertaining. It’s a collection of seventeen fables featuring various animals being exceedingly human, dealing with politics, parenthood, marriage, greed, and assholes (literally and figuratively), among other things. It’s pretty raunchy and dirty at times, especially with the graphic illustrations, but I think it works here because these are, after all, animals. They may act and speak as humans would, but we can’t expect them to be completely proper, can we? Same goes for many humans, actually. I didn’t get a few of the morals of the stories (maybe there wasn’t one for every story, maybe they just went over my head), but I did enjoy them and laughed out loud at several. My favorites were probably “The Crow and the Lamb,” “The Sick Rat and the Healthy Rat,” and “The Grieving Owl.” It was bizarre seeing the illustrator of the Olivia books (good clean familial fun) do these crazy, bawdy drawings; it was very unexpected and I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to look Olivia straight in the eye again. I’d recommend this to anyone looking for a quick laugh, but only if you’re cool with dark humor. Otherwise, you’ll probably be offended/disgusted.