Stolen - Lucy Christopher Gemma is a 16-yr-old English schoolgirl who is stolen away from her family at a Bangkok airport by 20-something Ty, a ruggedly handsome stranger who drugs Gemma's drink. He takes her to a remote location in the vast, beautiful, yet dangerous outback of Australia. Ty has been watching Gemma for years and has worked hard to create a life for the two of them out in the middle of nowhere. Ty hopes that Gemma will eventually love him as much as he loves her, but if she does, is it truly love or just Stockholm syndrome? And can Gemma escape not only Ty but the deadly wilderness of Australia before that can happen?

This was an extremely interesting book and I stayed up late a couple of nights just to finish it. I enjoyed reading about the Australian landscape and wildlife (which I'm not familiar with at all) and it made me want to learn more about it and go there someday so I can see it all for myself (except for the scary snakes). The relationship between Gemma and Ty was also fascinating since I hadn't really read about Stockholm syndrome before. The two of them are so real as characters that I never doubted their authenticity. A lot of times in YA fiction, even the best characters can have some stereotypical behavior or unexpected twists thrown into their personalities just to move the story along or create some drama. Not so in this book. Ty was scary, intriguing, broken, sexy, and insane all at once and yet he never seemed fake. Same thing for Gemma - she lacked the strength to put up much of a fight and her emotions were a whirlwind, but she always had hope and realized that if she lost that it was the end. They were human and it really made me root for both of them, even though Ty was supposed to be the bad guy.

Awesome book and an original story. I'd highly recommend it to fans of YA fiction, people interested in Australia, and those who want to take an intimate and close-up look at Stockholm syndrome. I'd definitely read more of Lucy Christopher's work - she has a unique and interesting point of view and can really bring scenes and landscapes alive for readers. If anyone can recommend some more books to me about Stockholm syndrome, I'd be curious to check them out.