Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor I think this is the first book since The Hunger Games that has made me completely enthralled and invested in the world and characters of a novel. I brought it with me for my vacation to Florida a couple weeks ago and after reading a couple of chapters I got hooked and just started demolishing it. Then when I had a precious few chapters left to go, I stopped. Of course I wanted resolution and to know what happened, but I just didn't want it to end. I had become quite attached to Karou, Akiva, Brimstone, and even Razgut, as well as the entire Elsewhere world. Then I found out that there’s going to be a sequel, so after being reassured that there would indeed be more to come I went ahead and finished it. And it was, of course, amazeballs. Throughout the entire book I was emotionally invested (I think I teared up at least three times like a big ol’ baby), intellectually stimulated and wanting to learn more (I was googling chimaera and seraphim and finding out all kinds of cool stuff about mythology as I read), and just overall floored by this incredible story. So this book is kind of the whole package and I’m very disappointed in myself for waiting until now to read it – I mean, I got it for Christmas and it’s just been sitting on a shelf this whole time! So if you have been thinking about reading this book or if you have even the slightest inclination to check it out, I highly recommend you do so because it really blew me away. I just googled the book again before writing my review and found out (according to Wikipedia anyway) that this will actually turn out to be a trilogy which will then be made into a movie by Universal Pictures. But don’t let that scare you away, because this is absolutely nothing like Twilight. Laini Taylor’s writing and imagination is freaking awesome and truly original. So go read it - now! Meanwhile, I will be waiting with bated breath for the next book, Days of Blood and Starlight (eee!).