Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling Before reading this book, I only knew of Mindy Kaling as Kelly Kapoor from one of the most awesome TV shows ever, "The Office." I gotta say though, Mindy's one funny, cool (in a geeky, quirky way of course), interesting lady. I had no idea that she was one of the first writers to be hired for "The Office" and that she's directed and produced several episodes. She's also written for Saturday Night Live (albeit briefly), where she became slightly obsessed with the lovely Amy Poehler, another very cool and funny lady. And way before that, she was a very bookish, super organized, strange little girl with an androgynous haircut identical to her older brother's and a penchant for making lists and index cards of talking points on the off-chance that someone may speak to her. We totally should've been best friends. There were a lot of chapters/essays that I could relate to in Mindy's book and I really enjoyed her honest, frank (and usually funny) way of writing. She writes about growing up, friends, crushes, relationships, her career, and what she dreams her funeral will one day be like. It's a smorgasbord of topics - pretty much everything you might want to know about her. She writes like she's talking to a close friend and I liked that intimacy. There were a couple of chapters that were pretty random and I didn't really understand why they were included, like the one called "Jewish Guys" - I didn't get it at all, so maybe it's an inside joke or something. There were other chapters that had me laughing out loud though, and I liked the book overall. Very cute and funny, just like Mindy.

(P. S. Amy Poehler, you need to write a memoir next - follow in Tina Fey's and Mindy's footsteps, please!)