Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris I wish the Sedaris family starred in their own TV sitcom. They're all so quirky and weird and funny in their own different ways, and I'd really like to be able to watch all of their shenanigans from the comfort of my sofa. I suppose David's collection of novels will have to tide me over until some producer figures out what an awesome idea that would be. This was an entertaining collection of short stories with overall themes of communication and language and how people are connected to each other. The time frames range from when fifth-grader David was forced to take speech therapy sessions to get rid of his lisp, to after he turned 40 and living in Paris while trying to learn French from an instructor with a wicked case of Schadenfreude. I read [b:When You Are Engulfed in Flames|8156397|When You Are Engulfed in Flames|David Sedaris|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jXbHXROoL._SL75_.jpg|3255908] a while ago (pre-Goodreads, so I have no star rating or review to refresh my memory) and I think I remember liking it more than this one, but most of these stories still made me at least smile and occasionally chuckle.