Holidays on Ice - David Sedaris This is a pretty hilarious collection of short stories/essays about the holidays, from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas. I laughed at some point while reading almost all of them and I only really disliked one of them, “Based Upon a True Story” (I thought it was way too drawn out and uninteresting and didn’t really fit in the rest of the stories). I loved reading about Sedaris’ experiences as an elf at Macy’s in “SantaLand Dairies.” “Jesus Shaves” was very funny and reminded me of a similar situation we had in one of my French classes in college. “Six to Eight Black Men” was definitely my favorite story, and it had me laughing so hard at work that I had to take a break so I'd quit sounding like a crazy person giggling away in my cubicle. I’d recently read “The Cow and the Turkey” in [b:Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk A Modern Bestiary] so it was nice to revisit that as the holiday season approaches. An entertaining read to get you in the mood for the holidays and everything (good and bad) that comes with them.